Farewell, and thank you, Mark Sharpe
Today is the last day of Mark Sharpe’s term on the County Commission.
Dear Mark Sharpe,
I will miss you on our county commission, and I’d like to thank you for your service.
- Thank you for always listening to this concerned citizen, and for thoughtfully considering all sides in every action you took. You didn’t always vote my way, but I always knew my input was considered.
- Thank you for being courteous and considerate of all citizens who came before you—especially those who were troublesome or angry. Thank you for being approachable and accessible to all your constituents.
- Thank you for rigorously researching each matter that came before you, and for continually reading and learning in a wide range to attain the big-picture perspective as well as a thorough understanding of the details.
- Thank you for standing up for your beliefs, and doing the right thing, even when it was difficult for you politically.
- Thank you for staffing your office, not with gatekeepers or buffers between you and your constituents, but with people who genuinely care about citizens, and are passionately committed to public service.
- Thank you, most of all, for your honesty & integrity—both rare and precious commodities in politicians—and for your commitment to transparency, accountability and good government.
With my best wishes for your continued success,
I couldn’t agree more. You always knew he put careful consideration regarding the impact on the greater good into whatever the issue was, and as a result, if he took a stance I didn’t agree with, I totally respected it. What else can you ask for from a public servant?
I’m holding out hope that at some point he and Kevin Beckner team up as superheroes and travel around fighting injustice together.